Sign in to follow this  
cthorne

Data disappears after finalizing burn of DVD

I have a Toshiba Satellite P25-S507 with a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R6112 drive.

I burned a data disk to a dvd-R & finalized it. The result was no files readable on the dvd.

So, I burned a smaller amount of datat & did not finalize. The result was the files were readable.

So, I continued the burn for the remainder of the data with the resut that no files were readable on the dvd.

The amount of data was less than the 4.7GB capacity of the dvd-R.

I went to another computer & burned the same full set of files to another dvd-R from the same batch of blanks & it worked fine. I used the windows explorer & that computer is running Windows Vista 64-bit home edition. The original computer is running Windows XP Home Edition SP2.

I am using the latest version of CDBurnerXP, v4.2.7.1893.

Is there some trick I'm missing? I can continue to experiment with 1) not finalizing a full burn, 2) burning an iso data disk instead of just a data disk, 3) etc. etc. but who has the time? I love the interface for CDBurnerXP, but I need it to burn readable dvd-R disks. I'm trying to archive photos which are not replaceable. Later, I'll move on to audio files if I can get it to work...

Any solutions?

I have same problem with cdburnerxp, older version though - 4.2.3.1110

Whole folder disappeared after finalizing. Then I've copied disk to iso file and strange thing - iso file contains all the folders including disappeared one!