Sign in to follow this  
PeterReaper

Need ability to burn DVD videos meant for 4.7 GB onto 8.5 GB

Need ability to burn DVD videos meant for 4.7 GB onto 8.5 GB DVDs.

When I burn a video DVD (VIDEO_TS folder) that was meant for a 4.7 GB DVD onto a Double-layer (DL) DVD, CDBurnerXP burns the disk without any error message. But after CDBurnerXP finishes, the new DVD is useless (video doesn't play). If I burn the same files onto a 4.7 GB DVD, the video plays OK.

This works fine and automatically with Nero.

Please make this work in CDBurnerXP too.

Thank you!

I have a similar problem: when burning a 7,5GB video file (mkv) onto a double layer disk, the video plays fine up to the point where the computer has to switch onto a new layer. Then the video freezes and even seeking further is not possible.

I'm not certain but I'd say it's possible that this problem could be incompatibility with your DVD player.

A dual layer DVD+R is not the same standard as dual layer produced by a movie studio and as such may not be readable by your player.

Quote (from wikipedia - I know it's not the most reliable of sources):

"Discs can be read in many DVD devices (older units are less compatible)" (my emphasis)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_layer_dvd