Audio CD - Tracks Burnt In Wrong Order

Hi, I am using CDBurnerXP 4.2.6.1748 and when I compile an audio CD with mp3's and make certain they are in the correct order something goes wrong with the order of the tracks they are converted in the wrong order (I would have presumed the conversion would be done in the same order as the track number) and then burnt in the wrong order.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

First of all this is not a dig at the Author of this software! you only have to look on the net and would have to pay a good price for what this can do for free!

The only minor problem I have found is the same as the other post, when I arrange MP3 tracks in the order I would like them to be played, CD Burner V 4.2.7 1893 arranges them as it likes I cant post a log because there isn't one to be found.

Any help for a workaround or suggestions V Much Appreciated.

Great Work :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same problems with my audiobook compilations. It seems it happens with long filenames, then the compilation gets always in disorder.

But I have a solution: if I click the title bar and reverse the order and back, then it works fine. But this is only a workaround, I messed up quite a bunch of cds until I found out..

But nevertheless, it ´s a fine piece of software, keep on going!

I promise to donate if this bug gets fixed some day ;-)

Greetz from Germany

Bucc

So is "test.txt" the compilation you burn to disc? If so, the resulting CD will obviously have the wrong order, because the compilation is already incorrect. Am I right to assume that the problem all of you have is NOT that the resulting audio disc differs from the compilation, but that the compilation is in the wrong order? And if so, how did you add the audio tracks? Drag and drop? Then maybe the actual problem is just that what is mentioned in the help file?

If you use drag and drop to add multiple audio tracks, keep in mind that the track you start dragging with will always be the first one in the track list. So if you want to maintain the correct order, always drag a selection of audio tracks at the first track of the selection.

Yes the "test.txt" ist the result of the saved compilation, which appears in the right order in the program window, but is burnded wrong (as in the test.txt)

I don´t know about the drag and drop issue, but I will try on sunday.

Thank you

Bucc

I think mine is a closely related bug. I have a library of files named (on the hard drive): 01 A.wav, 02 B.wav.... 10 J.wav, 11 K.wav

No matter how I try to copy them to the burn area (altogether, or one at a time, etc.) they come out Titled and resorted: Track 1, Track 10, Track 2, Track 3...Track 9 (no sign of the filenames (which I painstakingly typed in alphabetically) or of the disk names I painstakingly later type in.

I had a look at your screenshot. In your case, you sorted the track list by "title", which leads to the order where "Track 1" is followed by "Track 10". If you do not like this order, do not sort by title but instead arrange the order of the tracks manually.

• 2 weeks later...

hi

I use the CDBurnerXP release 4.2.7.1893 and i would like to preserve the original ordering of files mp3. I don't want to be sort by the name of the file because if it is a live recording songs they are not in the order of the concert. I use each song one to one but it is burned always sorting by the name of the tracks. I am french and i hope you understand me !

Guest Dauermagnet

I found out that this is probably a drag-and-drop-issue. If you mark the tracks in the CDBurner-Explorer-window and then drag and drop them to compilation-window the files get out the order. The new order depends on which of the selected files do you click to drag and drop them to the compilation window.

As a workaround I always click on the first selected file and then drag and drop them to the compilation window.

• 3 months later...
Will move this topic out of the Bugs forum unless someone comes up with a real bug.

This is a real bug. Drag and drop several files into the window and they will be in the wrong order. You can manually reorder the tracks in the list, but those changes are not necessarily burned onto the CD in that revised order. Sometimes they are, sometimes they are not.

If you drop the files into the list in the right order in the first place, all is well

I need a way to reproduce your problem, or at least further indications about how this is happening. For example, are the tracks shown in the wrong order in the processing window before burning a disc as well?

I need a way to reproduce your problem, or at least further indications about how this is happening. For example, are the tracks shown in the wrong order in the processing window before burning a disc as well?

I have discovered that it is caused by dragging groups of files into the window then re-ordering them. The new track order is shown on the list, but the tracks are burned to disc in a different order.

I got round it by starting again, and carefully adding the tracks in the correct order.

Guest matt_pl

What I'm using as a workaround is select mp3s files and press '+' (ADD) button on a taskbar rather than drag and drop them to the window below.

Audio files will then keep the sort order

The Order was scrambled when I made a disk using "Data Disk" which seems to be what one uses to make MP3 music disks. I put in three albums. Each song starts with 01 title, 02 title, etc. They were added by album so the list in the Added colum had this: 01 title album 1, 02 title album 1, etc. 01 title album 2, 02 title album 03, etc. When the CD was burned it arranged the songs in this order: 01 title album 1, 01 title album 2, etc. 02 song album 1, 02 song album 2. This is exactly what Roxio does and it is very frustrating. (When I made an audio CD from my MP3 files it converted them to the generic CD format.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Murxi

Interesting. I was following the conversation, because it always bugged me that I have a list of files like this:

artist-album-01-songname

artist-album-02-songname

artist-album-03-songname

artist-album-04-songname

When I simply press STRG-A in the right top window (kind of explorer window) and drag and drop the files, they never show up in "my" order (which - from my logic - would be 01,02,03,04, because thats how they are sorted in the explorer window).

But thanks to this forum I found out that this works only if you press the "+Add" Button.

If I mark them with STRG-A and drag and drop them, they come up in a complete different order.

Just for the records: using the dropbox works too (just tried it though I think I remember that this does not always shows my order, but I cannot reproduce it right now).

So here is my personal feature request:

Please make it that the order of files is preserved, using drag and drop.