Sign in to follow this  
UITDEV

No More Bootable Option??

The web site shows how to make a bootable CD from an ISO. The instructions are here: http://www.cdburnerxp.se/help/Data/bootdisc

No where in the menu system of the current version is there such options for creating bootable ISO data CDs (or DVDs). Is there another download or add-on that I am missing? I installed this software specifically because I was told it was the king of creating bootable CDs and DVDs from ISO images. Can anyone confirm or deny that this option is no longer available in version 4.2.7? Thanks.

I can see it clearly as it is described in the help file.

The help file and the actual program are like two different things now. Back a version to two, there were good instructions on creating boot discs. Since v4, good luck. The instructions refer to menus and options that are plainly not there anymore.

The help file and the actual program are like two different things now. Back a version to two, there were good instructions on creating boot discs. Since v4, good luck. The instructions refer to menus and options that are plainly not there anymore.

You must be referring to: http://cdburnerxp.se/help/Data/bootdisc

Specifically:

To make a disc bootable, either use the menu (Disc → Boot Options) or click on the Boot Options button in the burning dialog.

Then check the box Make disc bootable.

The Disc menu has no sub menu "Boot Options". It did in previous versions but not in 4+ Its just not there, we arent blind.

Guest lobsterpot

I am a new user I find that often my backup disks of many types simply do not archive dependably. I frequently am upset that suddenly I discover that a backup disk has become unreadable

from simply just sitting on a closet shelf. So I would prefer to backup important stuff, data and programs, to hard disk, which I feel are less prone to fail.

That being said, I was told that CDBURNERXP would do what I want. I have a BOOTABLE disk, containing executables, that I want to make a backup of.

The backup of course MUST be BOOTABLE also, so a simple data copy will not suffice. I figure that one way to do this is to make a bootable ISO, save that on hard disk, and create a new disk

from that ISO whenever I need to make a bootable CD or DVD because my original bootable disk has failed and is unreadable.

I have tried CDBURNERXP to make a bootable ISO, but the resulting CD, while containing all the original files and folders, is NOT BOOTABLE. Can anyone, including the CDBURNERXP author,

answer this post with step by step instructions as to how to do this? I must be missing something. Or at least - tell me that CDBURNERXP will not do what I want to do, and I will

stop frustrating myself by trying to do it with CDBURNERXP, and look elsewhere or quit trying.

Thanks

Lobsterpot

.... Can anyone, including the CDBURNERXP author, answer this post with step by step instructions as to how to do this? I must be missing something. Or at least - tell me that CDBURNERXP will not do what I want to do, and I will

stop frustrating myself by trying to do it with CDBURNERXP, and look elsewhere or quit trying....

They will refer you to the online help which hasnt been updated in some time because no where in the current version is the ability to create a bootable CD or DVD anymore. They apparently removed it and have some strange apprehension to admitting it here.

Guest catcher24

I the reply about there no longer being a boot option and knew that I had seen it in the version I recently downloaded (V 4.2.7.1849). Sure enough it's there. Whether or not it will work, I don't know because I haven't tried it, but here is where to find the option:

Click on Disc in the menu bar; select Boot options in the drop down menu; then simply check the box to make the disc bootable.

As mentioned, I don't know if this will work because I haven't tried it myself, but the option is most certainly there.

What I want to do is burn my jpg photos to a DVD that will play in my home DVD player. Can't seem to find anywhere how to manage that. The photos burn fine to the DVD and I can view them on my computer, but as mentioned I would like to make the disc playable in my DVD player. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I'm new to CDBurnerXP too. I got it to make a bootable CD of an ISO image of SMEServer but I can't seem to get this right.

When I run CDBurnerXP (I'm using XP with SP3), it opens the menu (Data disc, Audio disc etc. - 5 items). If I select "Burn ISO image" and select my ISO image, there is no option to make the disc bootable and no help tab. Am I missing something here?

Thanks