Sign in to follow this  
sme

Mixed mode without Gaps

In your help-section

http://cdburnerxp.se/help/Miscellaneous/mixedmode

you explain how to get a mixed mode cd. I tried this and it worked but I got 2-s-gaps between every track. How can I avoid this? I need seamless track-linking. I already tried "disc at once" with the option NOT to finalize disc but it didn't work (disc was not writeable anymore for writing the data session). Thanks for help!

May I come back to this Topic?

It is not unusual having audio tracks in a first session and data in a second. According to the "Blue Book Standard" it is named "Enhanced CD". Further information: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_CD#Blue_Book.

I would be very pleased, to see a method to produce Enhanced CDs (with gapless Audio) in a coming version of CDBurnerXP.

Thanks in advance!

Stefan

Guest mcgee45

I am also in need of a mixed-mode disk with gap-less audio -- and I know it's techinically possible, because I was DOING it with some other burner package like ten years ago! (Easy CD Creator, I think it was.) I like to burn music CDs with a data track containing MP3s as well, as a convenience. Lots of music is multi-track but only works right if it's gapless -- Pink Floyd comes to mind. So if true gapless is not possible, can we at least have the possibility of the smallest possible gap? If the gap were only one or two samples, instead of a minimum of 44,100 samples (a one-second gap), so if you can't even hear or detect the gap, then it's functionally gapless and a lot of people would be perfectly happy with that.