Sign in to follow this  
skysurfer

CD Burner XP says 'No Disc'

I have Windows XP system and am computer illiterate - almost - so please be gentle!

Recently I had a new DVD drive installed because I was having trouble burning CD discs.

The drive concerned is HL-DT DVT-RAM GSA-H55N and I use it mainly to copy podcasts from my hard drive to disc using CDBurner XP.

Suddenly I found discs wouldn't burn because CD Burner XP wouldn't recognise there was a disc inserted. Somebody suggested going into Recording tag on Device Manager and making sure there was a check/tick on 'Enable Recording'. It was inticked so I ticked it. And it worked properly again.

But the next morning with nothing changed it again stopped working.

If I insert any mp3 disc I have recorded into the drive and go into Explore and click on the Drive and play - nothing happens.

But if I put a normal commercial CD or a DVD into the drive they WILL play ok.

Somebody suggested the drive is probably faulty but I doubt this - the drive was brand new a short time ago and worked perfectly until it stopped.

The main snag for me is that when I try to burn an mp3 podcast onto a blank disc theCD BurnerXP software says No Disc.

Is there any known fault which would mean a drive will recognise and play a wav CD and DVD but NOT recognise and play or burn an mp3?

Incidently there's no fault with the mp3 disc I try to play on it because it plays perfectly on my other drive which is a DVD-Rom I can't record with unfortunately.

Forgot to say that when I click on the drive it says 'Device Working Properly.' If I hit the Troubleshooting button it gives options but none which apply to my problem.

Does anyone please have any idea what's happening here?

Thanks a lot

Guest teo

Same problem with actual version of CD Burner XP under WIndows 7 (64Bit).

DVD-Multi-Recorder Modell: 305QRS5UBK

-> no write modes supportet by CD Burner XP Version 4.2.41255

Same problem with BIOS set to AHCI, but works with BIOS set to IDE. If and when will this problem with "No compatible drives" under the "Select source device:" option when using MS Windows 7 64-bit with Intel chipset BIOS set to AHCI for Lite-on DVDRW LH-20A1S drive with version 4.2.7.1893 of CDBurnerXP software? Data disc option does not work. Audio disc option does not work. Burn ISO image option DOES work. Copy disc option does not work. Erase disc option does not work.

Guest salto

Anyone a suggestion for similar software which does the job on Windows 7? Experiencing the same problem, get message 'no disc' no matter what I try. Windows 7, 32 bit.

i loved cdburnerxp till one day when it just wouldn't burn the songs! kept asking to insert a writeable disc-so now i use burnatonce! bye cdburnerxp go fuck yourself

Has this issue still not been resolved? CDBurnerXP shows I have a disc inserted when I click "Display media information"

5zhwj.png

But when I actually click burn it states that I have no disc inserted.

68dQM.png

What is the problem here?

Guest Guest

I am using CdBurnerXP for years now, before on Win XP on my old PC, now on Win 7 on my PC and on my Laptop and never ever had a single problem with it. Oh, I use it on my work PC too. It's just perfect.

So I would guess that those with problems have issues with the hardware configuration or with system settings. Or simply should get a better drive.

I am using CdBurnerXP for years now, before on Win XP on my old PC, now on Win 7 on my PC and on my Laptop and never ever had a single problem with it. Oh, I use it on my work PC too. It's just perfect.

So I would guess that those with problems have issues with the hardware configuration or with system settings. Or simply should get a better drive.

My drive works fine with every single other piece software I've tried, both in Windows and Linux. It isn't some cheap offbrand either, it is a brand new LG Bluray burner. The problem is with CDBurnerXP, or more specifically, the library it uses as the developer even said. Suggesting I need a better drive is, to be frank, absurd.

That's a bug in the burning library as far as I can see, but I can't fix it currently.

Any reason it can't be fixed? Or does this library's code not yours to fix?

I have this same problem, but changed from AHCI to IDE in cmos/bios and it worked, I'm burning my cd now. Then I will reboot and put back in AHCI mode. Its a little fugly to have to do this, but I recognize that the problem is with the libraries that CDBurnerXP is using, not with CDBurnerXP itself. Having to rely on other ppl always sucks, but its the nature of life I guess. ! :)

I have a thread going also which is similar to this issue.

On my laptop I never saw the issue of no disc inserted, but it won't burn the tunes I'm burning so that they play in any cd player.

My kid just got a laptop from a friend and I see that issue of no disc inserted no matter how many cd-r's I try or what brand they are. I tried burning a disc of music using Windows Media Player on his laptop and it plays fine although no names are displayed on the cd player screen in vehicle.

Haven't tried the trick of changing from AHCI to IDE in cmos/bios yet though.

Edit:

Doesn't look like I have to try the above mentioned trick of changing from AHCI to IDE as I just burned a working cd using WMP on MY laptop!! May not like using WMP at all, but hey, my burner works!!

I am considering my issue resolved even if I haven't figured out why CDBurnerXP doesn't seem to work on laptops! At least not the 2 I have tried it on now. :)