Does not load under multiple Logins in WinXP

Have just freshly installed Windows XP Pro and done all Windows/Microsoft Updates, drivers installed, Symantec Anti-Virus and a few other apps.

Installed latest version of CDBurnerXP (and tried a few older versions) and when I log in as another user (with Admin priveledges) on the computer CDBurnerXP cannot load and presents a "StarBurn Engine could not Start".

Furthermore, if under that user I uninstall and attempt to re-install I am presented with an "Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failes with the exit code 0x5.

All users on the computer are in the Administrators group. I did notice that if I log back in as the username I initially installed CDburnerXP under it runs fine. If I uninstall it under that user, log out and log in as another user, it installs fine but sequently only runs for that 1 user. So I can only ever run CDburnerXP from the user it was installed under. Grrr.

So it appears to be a problem with the "Provide CD/DVD access for any user, regardless of security policies"... it's only a punt though.

Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...