Copy function does not recognize the empty CD

Guest crxtom

Guest crxtom

Hello, within the last versions of CDBurnerXP we have found a bug, which we definitly not have with the older version 4.2.3.1062. The problem is reproducable, with any newer version incl. last released one:

1.) function: copy media

2.) select e.g. data cd

3.) insert the source disc -> CDBurnerXP makes the image

4.) CDBurnerXP asks now for the destination disc and opens the tray

5.) in the past it works to put in the blanc media and close the tray to create the copy, but now, nothing happens, it sounds like the CDBurnerXP is checking the media, but it does not start burning. the drive movement is running down, nothing more.

is this bug (seems like existing since a few month), still known and maybe in the "fixing - process" :-) ?

many thanks, greetings Tom

Guest crxtom

Hello together,

I was looking through the Bugs-Formu here and found this post:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7440

maybe it helps to know, with the older version 4.2.3.1062 does it work....

Does the fantastic developers of that nice CDBurner Tool have any new concerning this tiny issue :-)

Many thanks,

greetings Tom !!!

• 2 months later...

Have similar problem when trying to 'Burn ISO-image', from a MDS-image created with 'Copy disc'.

Get an error saying:

"Burning error occured.

Unsupported write mode:

The SAO mode only is allowed for burning MDS!"

v. 4.3.1.2101

Windows 7 x64

• 8 months later...
Guest atca_de

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I made a *.mds image to my hardrive.

When I try to burn this image I get the following error message:

13:26:20 ISO-Image VD08_original.mds geladen

13:26:22 Brennvorgang gestartet.

13:26:22 Es trat ein Fehler auf: Unsupported write mode: The SAO mode only is allowed for burning MDS!

What is going wrong? Will you fix the bug soon?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Max

Try choosing 'all files' from the file selection box, then choosing the mdf rather than the MDS.

• 1 month later...
Guest JAn
Try choosing 'all files' from the file selection box, then choosing the mdf rather than the MDS.

Thanx mate, that was the solution!!!

• 5 months later...

Hi All, I was having similar trouble with my DVD drive on my ASUS laptop. I spent 3 hours researching a fix for why my DVD drive would not show the contents of a written disc filled with saved files. My drive still played a commercial CD, but I could not cell phone tracking put a burned disc in to extract any files. I was so desperate I deleted upper and lower filters from the registry, uninstalled the drive through device manager and allowed the computer to reboot and reset the drive. I don't advise doing this without the complete instructions. Regardless, this did not help. Today I put a cd-rom cleaner disc in. And it works just fine now.

• 1 month later...
Guest Stephan2005

Merry X-Mas, your hint was great! Works very fine now.