Sign in to follow this  
Guest lazyboa

Files with cyrillic names is not readable back

Guest Oleg Artamonov

Same bug.

CDBXP Pro 3.0.113, Windows 2k3, ISO Format: Joliet.

Note the words "Not very likely..." :(

It seems to me that burning correct cyrillic symbols does not require unicode support (although unicode will be great), just accurate setting of the code page and using the appropriate font to display such characters. Look at burnatonce, for example.

Look at burnatonce, for example.

Don't.

Here is a thread from their forum : http://www.burnatonce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1225

titled "Can't handle non-US characters in filenames"

I suggest going with Unicode and solving all characters with one change.

Unicode is even usable with windows 9x , see "The Microsoft Layer for Unicode on Windows 95/98/Me Systems" <http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/handson/dev/mslu_announce.mspx>

Yes, Unicode would be great. But CDBurnerXP Pro is written in Visual Basic 6.0 which doesn't really support Unicode. I guess that's reason why the dev team wrote "Not very likely".

Oh, looks like you're switching to .net. While I fully support this decision because .net is fully WinXP compatible (which can't be said about VB6 - just think about theming) and because it supports things like Unicode, you should be aware, that there are many ".net stinks" zealots out there. You should have seen the old forum of ID3-TagIT. When this program switched from VB6 to VB.net, the forum was full of threads complaining that "the evil" .net gets used. ID3-TagIT also lost many users.

BTW: Which language are you using now? C# or VB .net or even managed C++?

Currently we use VB6. And I also think that we wont care about those who don't like .NET, we can't make it perfect for everyone. I am sure, that multi-language support is much more important than the opinion of people who hate M$ and its developments. I am no real programmer, but I created two useful programs with .NET and I have to admit that I like it :-P

Hehe, I totally agree with you.

I know that all versions up to 3.0.114 were written in VB6. I wanted to know which language will be used in the rewrite that is mentioned in this thread. A look at the bottom of the download page tells me that you switched to .net, but it doesn't tell me the language. Of course the language is unimportant, especially with .net, but I'd like to know it anyway.:)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.