Sign in to follow this  
Michael P

Burning AVI files to play on a DVD player

Hi - I'm a new guy on the block and I bet this question has been answered - it's just I can't find it!!

I used to use Nero, but I got sick of the way that it tried to take over my computer. The only feature that I actually liked was the fact I could take a video file (usually AVI) and with very little effort put it into a format that could be played on any old DVD player.

Can CDBurnerXP, which in my view is far and away much easier to use, do a similar thing and if not can anyone recommend one?

Sorry if anyone one is sighing and saying "Oh not this old question again."

Thanks in anticipation

Michael :)

Hey Michael,

to create a Video DVD image you can use DVD Flick.

Please look here for further information: http://cdburnerxp.se/help/data/create-video-dvd

Stephan

While I use, and absolutely love, DVDFlick, there are A/V synch issues when converting .AVI to DVD and the newer version of DVDFlick has trouble loading many .AVI's.

I am currently using Avi2DVD, which comes with a host of encoders. The fastest, FreeEnc, also has A/V synch issues but the others, while slower, seem to do the trick.

If you want to pay $30, WinAvi, which I used on a trial basis, was quick and did a great job.

Hope this helps!

Markus