Sign in to follow this  
Dockery

CD-Text

I'm using 4.2.7.1893 and I burned a disc using CD-Text (I had 2 second gaps set first, then it told me that CD-Text could not be used in this mode, so I turned that off) and after I played the burned disc in my car the titles were all screwed up. It looked like overflow, really, as parts of some titles would be seen in others and in other titles it would just be two letters or jumbled letters.

I was using Vista Ultimate SP2 x64 with the latest updates to burn it. I burned a disc using MediaMonkey and it burned fine (but I'd prefer to use CDBurnerXP).

EDIT: I wanted to note that when viewing the tags via the CD-Text option in the drop-down menu it reads fine. The program reads the tags correctly and everything looks good. It is only after it is burned to the disc that the problem occurs.

Guest Alessandro

It's the same thing for me, my car audio read wrong caracter..

i'm using the last version..

thanks

Alessandro

I am using the last version along with win 7 and all updated drivers.

This is a very frustrating situation, CD text cannot be read correctly in my car, 3 letters are missing at the begenning of the song name and sometimes letters are corrupted.

I will have to switch to another program I think.

Guest camiel

Same problem here, first 6 to 8 characters are missing when playing cd's in a professional Pioneer CDJ 1000 MK3 cd player

very strange, cds burned with other applications don't cause problems.

anybody who know how to solve this because other than this problem I really like CDburner...

cheers

camiel

Guest Pekik

CD text has been screwed up since CD Burner XP startet to use StarBurn. The letters is burned "randomly". There is also something wrong with ending the burning after the last track. The cd-player just "hang" on the last track without restart playing track no one. I prefer therefore ImageBurn

Guest Typhoon

I just burned an audio CD from WAV files and after the burning was successfully complete, I checked the CD with IsoBuster and saw that for some unknown reason the first track has CD-TEXT (title taken from the filename, nothing else) even though I've the "automatically generate CD-TEXT.." off (though that only works with ID3 and APE like the option says, right?). Other tracks has no CD-TEXT.. like I wanted! Why does CDBurnerXP add CD-TEXT to 1st track from the WAV filename??!?

Looking at the "Disc Information" in CDBurnerXP, there's no mention of CD-TEXT in any of the tracks.. should there be?

Exact Audio Copy also gets the CD-TEXT "title" info for track 1.. AND surprisingly the 4th track has NO text at all, nothing! All other tracks are named "TrackXX".

What is going on?

Why is that every time I use CDBurnerXP (very seldom), something goes wrong?! Honestly, every time.. since past about 1-2 years I've used it. I know how to use it, it's not that. I've to say that it's a bit disappointing. I know, I know, find some other app if you're not happy.. no need to tell me that.. I'd like to stick with CDBurnerXP though..

Guest Typhoon

I forgot to add; I believe that almost all of the past failures I mentioned in the previous post can be addressed to burning library failures/bugs.. (and if I have understood correctly) to which Flo you have no "direct" way to have an effect on, i.e. you must rely on 3rd party to fix things.

What if you make a modification to the CD text of each track? Does that make any difference? Otherwise, I hate to repeat but

Sample files with ID3 tags or an AXP audio compilation for reproducing the issue are appreciated.

Guest Typhoon

Sorry for the late answer.. I have been testing burning apps and gathering/comparing results with my limited free time.

The "empty 4th track in IsoBuster" info in the previous post was my mistake, sorry, it is like the rest of the tracks except the problematic 1st track.

Ok, gave another try, burned the same WAV files, same way to a CD-RW. When I drag the wav files (all in once) from the explorer panel to the burning panel and then show the "CD-Text" dialog, I can see that the "title" is populated from the filename (minus the ".wav" ending) for every track. Then burning the CD with "no pause" and "finalize", thus making a DAO (/SAO) burn.. which successfully completes. And this time, all the tracks have not got CD-Text at all!? Also I saved the AXP this time, it has EMPTY "titles" for every track (and disc). Then how come the "CD-Text" dialog shows populated titles? It should not IMHO, it's confusing.

I'm 150% sure that I burned the CD's the same way, same source files, same way to add the files to the "compilation", no CD-Text editing (& not even opening the dialog, 3rd burn test), same burning options, same burning drive, app options not changed.. only thing that was changed was the CD's (1st one was a CD-R, the 2nd a CD-RW (don't want to waste CD-R's)). To me this seems like CDBurnerXP is flaking out (I've additional info that strengthens this.. I'll post another topic when I figure out a bit more about it).

What if you make a modification to the CD text of each track? Does that make any difference?

No point testing this anymore (and I'm tired and have no more time).. though you might want to test it yourself.. I mean, if I see "titles" populated in the "CD-Text" dialog but still no CD-TEXT is written (or it is for some (or all) tracks sometimes), I'd say that that is weird. It's not logical.. maybe here's the reason why my 1st burn took the 1st track title from the filename; somehow CDBurnerXP thought that the 1st track had CD-TEXT but not the rest.. I don't know, hard to say when black box-testing.

Here's a screenshot of the first burn with the CD-Text problem:

cdburnerxpisobuster.png

Otherwise, I hate to repeat but

The source WAV's have NO metadata whatsoever. I anticipated that they might give problems, so I did the following before burning (maybe not the ideal way): encoded the WAV's to FLAC's without saving "non-audio chunks" and then decoded back to "clean" WAV's. Also, I double-checked the WAV's after that in Audacity metadata editor and there were none.

I can upload the WAV's if you have e.g. FTP available.. I won't upload these to public internet. But, since I couldn't reproduce, I feel that it would be waste of time. So I guess this turns from a bug report to a warning to users (& dev(s)) that something very well might be borked. Personally I finally lost my trust in CDBurnerXP, sorry, I honestly feel bad saying this, it's mostly due to the burning library stuff not working (this CD-Text problem might be also because of it), the final straw is the issue I referred to above, which I'll be posting to another topic when I'm done inspecting it (= I'm moving away from CDBurnerXP but I'll report the issue before that).

If you lose your trust in an application whenever you discover a bug, you will probably end up with no application to use...

The behaviour you described is to be considered correct so far, except for the result.

Guest Typhoon
If you lose your trust in an application whenever you discover a bug, you will probably end up with no application to use...

Maybe you should read more carefully what I've written; it's not about a PARTICULAR bug, it's bugs seen virtually every time I've seldom used your app in the past 1-2 years, giving me headache and losing my time figuring out what happened and writing these posts. At some point the patience runs out, enough is enough, we don't have infinite patience. And I again underline that it's mostly the 3rd party library stuff that is borked.. e.g. how long have been the written data verification feature broken? (rhetorical)

BTW, you can send any files per e-mail (http://cdburnerxp.se/impressum). It still works fine for me with the WAV files I have.

With Gmail, it would be a PITA, so, sorry, no go, not even trying to send almost 800 Mb's of WAV's with that method, not even a 1 file because even the smallest file is huge (for Gmail). And, like I said, I don't think that that would yield any results, the bug is evidently not reproducible & not tied to particular files, so any WAV's could do if one wants to start hunting this down.

I'll try to post the other thing quickly and not keep you in suspense..

for me the same issue here. As I use it only to burn audio CDs this is a very important feature for me.

I hope you can get it fixed. I understand you want some examples....

If i burn a CD and than rip that CD and send some WAVs, is that OK?

Nope, that won't help.

If you experience a problem with CD-Text, do the following:

1. Burn the disc and send a log file: http://cdburnerxp.se/help/kb/18

2. Make a screenshot of the audio compilation, so that we can see which CD-Text information should be expected.

3. Name a track on the burned audio disc, which does not have the expected CD-Text.

4. Please try to play the disc with WinAmp or look into it using the IsoBuster application. Tell me if at least one of these programms will report about the wrong CD-Text data.

I too am experiencing issues with CD Text.

I've verified this 2 ways.

A) Via car cd player which supports cd text (and has worked with every other cd text disc)

B) Via Digital CD Player (old school freeware software designed to read cd text - let me know if you need a copy to use for testing. )

Any cd I make using CDBurnerXP the cd text is either chopped off or not displayed.

Any cd I make using Nero, displays CD text fine in both car cd player and Digital CD Player.