Sign in to follow this  
Guest joura05

Bootable OS

Guest joura05

Ok, I know you guys get plenty of questions on this topic, but I did search the forums and couldnt find anything to explain my situation...

I have an ISO image of an OS and am attempting to burn a bootable dvd. The two main tutorials I have followed are;

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/help/Data/bootdisc - I have followed this one exactly, selecting disable ISO version number extension (;1) and do enforce ISO Level 1, the result is my computer will not get past the "boot cd/dvd:_"

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=415 - This one is a little more complex and I dont understand two things about it, with regards to the Boot and Root files.

The link provides a file to download as a boot file wich it says is necessary. When downloaded it is installed into the boot folder. What I dont understand is it later says to load this file onto the disc and makes no mention of loading on the OS ISO file you wish to burn. Is the boot file just an example to be replaced by the OS or is it supposed to go with the OS

Now for the root folder, It later shows files and even an application in the root folder... Where do these come from? If I created those folders where do I get those files?

Obviously im missing a step at some point and any clarification would be greatly appreciated

-Aaron