Sign in to follow this  
kdfrawg

What's All This About Windows Media Player 9?

I'm sure that this is covered in here somewhere, but it is hard to tell with search turned off. I would like to try this program. However, when I try to install it, it warns me about needing to download Windows Media Player 9 first. I'm sorry, but I haven't had WMP 9 for a very long time. I've been using version 10. Last week, I upgraded to version 11.

So I don't really know how to proceed. I'm not likely to go back two versions of WMP. Since XP is part of the name of your product, I would assume that you knew about the WMP version in Windows XP, which was 10. So I don't really understand why WMP 9 is an issue.

Anyway, if you'd let me know by return post, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Hmmmmm. Now that I've been able to spend some time, I see that there are some posts that say "Windows Media Player 9 or higher." That should include version 11. Does that seem right to the Forum Powers That Be?

;o)

As I suppose, it's 9 or higher and you just need it for WMA support which I personally don't care about anyway. I got WMP 11 as well and it adds WMA files just fine, though I didn't actually verify this by burning it to CD, since I got no WMA files worth to be burned...