TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633A ATA Device

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Teo

Express Burn works fine under Win7 with the Drive. So whats the Problem with CD Burner XP?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest KDo

Same Problem here with a TS-T633C (the slim drive variant?)

Works in every component, but data disks. Copying or Audio is not a problem and works.

OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64, the drive works with the OS-burning function. CDBurnerXP version 4.3.2.2212.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Go to Device Manager find the cd rom right click and select properities select Driver tab select Driver details. Make sure both ( 2 files) are coming from Windows\system32\\ DRIVERS\cdrom.sys and Windows\system32\ DRIVERS\GEARAspiWDM.sys. I found after loading some software the systekm changed my driver to the 64 bit version after removing the file under windows I moved it to a temp folder just to be safe the re booted the computer it went and found the 32 bitr version and everything works ok now. Dorotnhy

I'm having similar issues with my TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-T633C ATA Device. What's strange is that CDBurnerXP only doesn't recognize my drive when I am trying to burn a data disc. ISO & Audio are just fine. I've upgraded the firmware on the device, and installed the Matrix Storage drivers from Intel with no luch. And my drivers point to \system\32. Any idea on how to fix this issue?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Has anyone found the cause of incorrect function for this device, I have justed upgraded my system to WIn7 64 bit and now my TS-L633A device cannot burn. At first it would hang at the end of the burn process, It would physically burn but fail at the end and the system sees it as a blank DVD. I have run MS Fixit and now CDBurnerXP performs the burn and reports that the DVD has been burnt, but when looking at the DVD+R it has not actually physically burnt into the DVD, putting the DVD back into the system brings up the "How do you want to use this disc..." window, as if the DVD is blank.

Thanks.

Guest aryoxp

it is also win't detect on my TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-T633A ATA Device, slot-load.

i'm using Windows 7 64bit. I aready check that the driver is on

C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys ---> form Microsoft Corporation

and

C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\klfltdev.sys ---> this is from Kaspersky Lab, probably for antivirus scanning purpose

I already updated the driver to the latest version, and it is still don't work.

• 5 weeks later...

I ended up buying a new DVD drive (SONY Optiarc AD-7700S) with a Win 7 compatibile firmware and works 100% on my system without any driver or software installation.

I tried to contact DELL support to get an update firmware for the L633A drive and they were no help at all, very poor service. I guess there isn't one available and they wanted to charge me just to look at my issue.

• 8 months later...
On windows Vista all work fine/ Then i buy a Win 7 i`m get troutsn.

The CDBurner did`t recognize my drive

The same problem I've changed the vista on winxp and after that I've got the problems with TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633A Device. It isnn't capable see the disk and its states.

i don't know what I must to do.

I have experienced the same thing here. I have the slim variant of the model, TS-T633C and all works well except for burning data discs. I have no problem with audio cds but just cant get work usb function like to work. I have tried targeting the driver on another path that held a newer version of it but still found no luck.