Sign in to follow this  
alabamatoy

Very high file count, CDBurnerXP slows to a crawl

I have a data DVD that I am attempting to copy that has somewhat over 1,014,000 files. I created a folder on my hard drive, copied the DVD contents into it, used CTRL A within CDBXP to select all the content, then added to the compilation. Its been adding to the compilation now for 24+ hours. This is my third attempt. Each time, it gets into the few hundred thousand files and slows to a crawl, like adding a file every 20 to 30 seconds. I have turned off everything else on the PC that I can safely turn off, like the network, realtime virus protection, etc....everything that I can shut off without making the system unstable.

Any way to fix this, or is there a better way to copy this DVD content?

TIA....

I suppose that the burning library's functions cannot work efficiently with such a huge amount of files (but didn't do any tests yet). I can't fix that currently, so the only option that remains for now is to put these files into a single file, like ZIP archive.

I spent some time turning off services and such and its sped up slightly, to between 10 and 15 seconds per file. Rough calculation says it will take about 5 more days. :shock: Im going to let it run for a few days and see if it will chug through it. I cant do the zip file thing because it would destroy the app's ability to run straight off the disc.

I'll let you know. Maybe I have set a record for files on a DVD....

Guest El-tra

Why don't you just copy the disc? Should be way faster.

(This doesn't solve the large file cont problem but it might solve your specific problem.)