Sign in to follow this  
lbaty

Command line cdbxpcmd.exe problems

Despite my best efforts I can't get cdbxpcmd.exe to work :(

I created the file C:\test.txt and a directory c:\backup\ containing some test files.

I've tried the following commands with the following results ...

"C:\Program Files\CDBurnerXP\cdbxpcmd.exe" --burn-data -device:0 -folder[\]:c:\backup\ -name:foobar
** CMD line response: "An error occured while executing the command: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040291"
"C:\Program Files\CDBurnerXP\cdbxpcmd.exe" --burn-data -device:0 -folder[/]:"c:\backup\" -name:"foobar"
or
"C:\Program Files\CDBurnerXP\cdbxpcmd.exe" --burn-data -device:0 -folder[\]:"c:\backup\" -name:"foobar"
or
"C:\Program Files\CDBurnerXP\cdbxpcmd.exe" --burn-data -device:0 -file[\]:c:\test.txt -name:foobar

** Pauses for 10-15 seconds before crashing with windows msgbox: "cdbxpcmd.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."

** Error signature (EventType: BEX P1: cdbxpcmd.exe P2: 4.1.4.1991 P3: 4ba4d215 P4: mscorwks.dll P5: 2.0.50727.3603 P6: 4a7cd88e P7: 0025a6be P8: c0000409 P9: 00000000)

What am I doing wrong?

Guest nocnod

Hi,

I do also have an issue using the lastest version (4.3.0.2015). I'm not able to burn data from cdbxpcmd.exe.

C:\>"c:\Program Files\CDBurnerXP\cdbxpcmd.exe" --burn-data -file[\]:c:\bar.emf -folder[\test]:c:\apps -name:"aa"

An error occured while executing the command: Exception de HRESULT : 0x80040297

Any ideas or workaround ?

I was a little bit more successful: I can actually burn CD's, but the result is not what I expected (V4.3.1.2101):

--burn-data -device:0 -close -eject -file[\rar]:c:\test\UnRAR.exe

creates a file with the following name in the root of the cd : rar_UnRAR#CEB3.exe, i.e. it does not create the subdirectory and seem to add the checksum of the file to the file name. I am new to cdbxpcmd and don't know if I am doing something wrong or if the exe is really broken at this time ..