Sign in to follow this  
Guest thinkpad_user

DAO disabled

Guest thinkpad_user

Dear CDBurner XP crew,

Thank you for the effort you have put in developing this neat little program. Nevertheless, there is one minor bug that refrains me from donating to your project. Namely, the program shows that my recorder has no DAO support and therefore it is unable to write gapless Audio-CDs. At the same time, iTunes lets me write gapless Audio-CDs with no problem. My configuration is:

Thinkpad T61

MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-852

Windows XP Pro SP3

CDBurnerXP 4.3.0.1991

Please fix this problem or show an appropriate solution and I am more than happy to support your project.

BR

Sander

Just did a Bing search and found this post.

Have the exact same issue on exact same model laptop.

I'm running brand new install of Windows 7 Ultimate without SP1 (so far).

Have latest and greatest version of CDBurnerXP installed.

What is it with this program and laptops? Third laptop I've had recently and this program doesn't work on any of them, although I can usually burn discs correctly using Windows Media Player. Haven't tried it yet on this laptop though.

I KNOW this is a good drive also!!

Thank you

Edit:

Just burned a disc using WMP and no DAO there either, so obviously this is a crap burner on what is a relatively crap laptop, for the price that it was listed for originally!!