Sign in to follow this  
unclewoolfie

Does not work at all

I have installed CDBurnerXP on two different PCs (WinXP home SP3, .NET 3.5, all updates installed) with two different DVD-Burners. Both burners seem to be recognized well (one TEAC, one LTN). Trying to delete a DVD-RW or CD-RW CDBXP seems to work. But when the message "finished" appears the CD or DVD is NOT deleted! Same thing with burning. CDBXP is 'working' but in fact NOTHING happens... There is NO error massage, NO freezing, NO nothing...

any idea?

regards woolfie

PS: This IS a f*** bug, so please don't move this post to "general discussion"!!! Why not answering to it instead of moving?

Do you have burn rights? What's your OS? I've also the notion that if you have files ready to be written to a disc from the Windows integrated ability, you might not be able to write to a disc.

Q: I erased my disc, but the contents are still there?

A: Windows sometimes agressively caches data on a disc, so the Windows Explorer shows files which do not exist anymore. Try to eject and insert the disc, or if that does not help, put the disc into a different device.

Q: My disc shows up empty after burning!

A: This is complementary to the question above :)

If it's not that, we can't fix it anyway. So not considered a bug.

Hello Flo,

when you replied in May I had already done everything mentioned in the FAQ, same Disc even on a different PC: same result - data not deleted respectively not burned :-(((

Today I saw that you provide a new version CDBXP. Of course I did download and install it immediately. Believe it or not - now it works fine. I can delete and/or burn whatever I want (just the speed is not adjustable as it should be, can burn 4xDVD on 16XBurner only with 2x or 1x, this does not bother me, I never use maximum speed)

So it seems with the latest update you fixed a bug (which was no bug of course ;-))) ) that you did not even know about!

I just tested on only one PC but being very optmistic that it will work on all other PCs and drives too.

So thank you very much for providing this (great) software!!!

By the way, meanwhile I have had (an still do have) the ASPI-driver provided from real (realplayer) under suspicion to have something to do with the problem that has appeared on my PCs. Maybe you are willing or find time to prove that.

Kind regards

woolfie