No compatible drives in Data Mode

OK. I had the same issue. But I resolved it just like another poster. I updated the storage drivers for my laptop. Now Mr. Dieselman, stop being rude to Flo. It isn't a CDBurner XP issue. Go download updated drivers! And stop screaming and the kind person who spends his time to give you great FREE software.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fer

Yees I had that problem too, but I installed the Intel Matrix Storage driver and now all works fine!! :)

Guest Dieselman

CDBurnerXP 4.3.6.2284 ......................Still does not fix this. Why do you refuse to address this issue flo?

Cause there's nothing to fix! All of the rest of us have fixed this issue with driver upgrades to our hardware. If you have no driver upgrade maybe your hardware is too old and you need new.

Thank you Flo for all of your work!

Guest Phil2010

Keep your stupid threats to yourself, all of you, leave developer alone. It's FAULT of NuMedia (www.numedia.com), they developed buggy SDK and doesn't update since 2009.

Flo, put it in FAQ:

Q. My drive is not detected, should I continue spamming you about same sh*t over and over again after any release?

A. NO. Spam numedia support box or switch to another free burning application.

Guest Dieselman

Well excuse me.....pcmedic. Dont assume unless you know what you are talking about. My latop is only 6 months old. Its a Dell XPS gaming laptop running Windows 7. All firmware and drivers up to date. Ashampoo Burning Studio and ImgBurn both work awesome as well does Finalburner.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lazade

Problem solved !

I followed the advice of visiting http://cdburnerxp.se/help/appendices/troubleshooting and fixed this problem on my computer with the installation of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager for W7 64 bits (file IATA89ENU.exe).

My computer is : HP Pavilion dv3500

My OS is : Windows 7 64 bits

My DVD drive : MATSHITA DVD RAM UJ862A

I hope this post would help.

• 1 month later...
Guest Philippe Balogh

I just tested the Test-App. Right after the start, the software crashes but there's the possibility to continue. Then no drive is selectable and the application can only be closed with the help of the task manager. All the hints in the FAQ section didn't work. Burning a data compilation is still impossible whereas all the other burn options work fine. It seems that Windows 7 with AHCI have negative effects on CDBurnerXP. Is there anything else that we can do/test? Best regards, Philippe

Problem solved !

I followed the advice of visiting http://cdburnerxp.se/help/appendices/troubleshooting and fixed this problem on my computer with the installation of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager for W7 64 bits (file IATA89ENU.exe).

My computer is : HP Pavilion dv3500

My OS is : Windows 7 64 bits

My DVD drive : MATSHITA DVD RAM UJ862A

I hope this post would help.

It really useful for me. Thanks you for the reply.

Guest Philippe Balogh
What means "crashes"? I can't fix if I don't know.

The error message is alsmost useless and I don't have an English translation of the text. It's a Microsoft .NET Framework message that says that an error occured. After clicking away the error box the test application would start but it shows no burner. Also, the application can only be closed with the help of the task manager.

After installing the Intel Matrix Storage Manager on my computers the test application will start without any problem and will show the burner. From now on, CDBurnerXP shows the burner too when compiling a data disc. Just on one PC (a Fujitsu Esprimo P5720 with an Intel Q33 Express chipset) I can't install an AHCI driver for being able to burn a data compilation with CDBurnerXP. As I wrote before, the test application shows no burner on this machine and the error message reveals no useful information unfortunately. Maybe the Q33 Express chipset isn't suitable for Windows 7.

Best regards, Philippe