Sign in to follow this  
Guest Candlejack76

Burn Video-DVD

Guest Candlejack76

Hello,

I'm running CDBurnerXP 4.3.0.2064, because Nero has been expired in space so much with uncounted unused functions so I'm looking for a smart burning prog.

So I recorded a family video, I authored it with a prog as dvd-files (vob, bup and so on) in an VIDEO_TS-Directory. I burned it with CDBurnerXP - did not run in DVDPlayer. I burned it with Nero - no problem to start it. I did read the help, I did read the FAQ inkl. minimum Version and "File - DVD layout". Nothing of this works. What do I wrong or has this version a bug ?

Thanx for help. With this topic it would be my new Nero ;-)

Candlejack

Guest Candlejack76

Yes, exactly this function. And then I burn it on DVD. If I put the DVD on the DVD-Player - "unknown DVD-RW media".

Guest Candlejack76

Files system ? On my PC ? Win XP-SP2 with NTFS. On the Record ? I choose Datas and "Add Video-DVD layout". There is no choise of Format...

I everytime finalise the Disc, because I want it to play at standalones...

Now I have a new problem. If I write a data disc with mp3-files for my Car-CD then it only displays the first 8 letters of filename.

CDBurnerXP ist small is fine, but I have more problems and make more time with "bugs" as with Nero.... :-(

Guest Frode

Most DVD players only recognize DVD-R not DVD+R. Did you check what kind you used?

Regards Frode

Guest JohnJ

Please have a look at this thread and you realize, it never worked at all.

And no...neither DVD-Rs nor DVD+Rs are a serious problem in players of today's.

Most DVD players only recognize DVD-R not DVD+R. Did you check what kind you used?

Regards Frode

I used DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW and DVD+RW, I got same problem as well. My DVD player is a DENON DVD-700, that play all kind of disc, and it's region free, so it's not normally a problem to read dvd's. But if you making a .ISO file with Nero or ImgBurn, and use CDBurnerXP to burn the file to DVD-R -or +R, the disc will play, because it was created with another burning software. If you create the file in CDBurnerXP, it's still the same problem happens. To burn CD's, CDBurnerXP is a perfect choice for me, works excellent! ;-)

Hallo,

I also have problems with burning DVDs.

If I use "Add Video-DVD Layout" I get an errormessage "Error Adding DVD-Video Layout".

If I copy files (.vob, .ifo, ...) into VIDEO_TS and burn, our DVD-player can not play this DVD.

I uses DVD-R.

When this problem is fixed?

regards

Boernie

Guest GuestNL

Is there anyone from the CDburnerXP people who can give an answer to this problem?

As much as I like to use a 'no nonsense piece of software' (compared to the over abundantly packed software like Nero, that has become a monster :shock: ), it has to work. Using a DVD -RW and getting a 'no DVD-R support' from my dvd player isn't really fun! 8)

Thanx!