Sign in to follow this  
pfeldman

Burn process could not be started.

Using CDBurnerXP version 4.0.022, I received the following rather uninformative message when trying to burn an audio CD: "Burn process could not be started". With the same computer (and same CD drive), I then successfully burned the same files to the same blank CD using Sonic DigitalMedia Plus version 7.0. I prefer the CDBurnerXP user interface, but I'm not having much success burning CDs with it. It would be helpful if CDBurnerXP at least gave more informative error messages.

I just installed the latest version 4.0.022.370 and got the same error: Burn process could not be started. I have added enough tracks. What could be wrong?

Hi! Please try and help jenny - and me.

I tried quite a lot of things (changed medium, files to be burned, checked faq's and forum and stuff ...) and couldn't find out anything.

Might there be a conflict because of

- other burner software present (though not running)?

- file type: can WAV files be burned? (Maybe a problem with a converter - or the problem that software thinks it should convert if there's still no need)

Thanks in advance,

fish

WAV files can be burned. We probably need a more advanced error dialog with more info, but I don't know when I get to it since it would be necessary to change this all over the application.

So far, maybe the next release with an updated burning library offers some improvement - or the release after that which is probably getting a couple of bigger changes in the burning lib.

WAV files can be burned. We probably need a more advanced error dialog with more info, but I don't know when I get to it since it would be necessary to change this all over the application.

So far, maybe the next release with an updated burning library offers some improvement - or the release after that which is probably getting a couple of bigger changes in the burning lib.

I like CDBurnerXP, but burning Audio-CD's is hardly possible. Burning from WAV-files causes less problems then burning mp3-files. I hope you can improve this part of the program. Goof luck!

Guest Guest

I had this problem when trying to burn 44.1 kHz WAV files to CD - the problem was that the tracks were mono: converting them to stereo worked. (Thanks to a previous guest!)

Guest tgoes
Using CDBurnerXP version 4.0.022, I received the following rather uninformative message when trying to burn an audio CD: "Burn process could not be started". With the same computer (and same CD drive), I then successfully burned the same files to the same blank CD using Sonic DigitalMedia Plus version 7.0. I prefer the CDBurnerXP user interface, but I'm not having much success burning CDs with it. It would be helpful if CDBurnerXP at least gave more informative error messages.

--------

The same happened to me when I tried to burn a 22.050 Hz Wave File. I re-saved it in 44.100 Hz / 16 bit format and it worked great. Good luck!