Sign in to follow this  
r66amtex

Increased time it takes to get into Audio Disc option

I have been using CDBurnerXP for a few months with no problems. I use the software only for creating music CD's which I have on my PC. This morning I tried to access "Audio Disc" from which I create the CD compilations from the launch site as in the past. After clicking on "OK" it takes almost a full minute before getting into that function. I tried the other options (Data Disc, Burn ISO Image, Copy or Grab Disc and Erase Disc) to see if the problem would occur with any of them and in each case they immediately accessed those particular functions upon clicking "OK" as they should. The only problem is with the Audio Disc option.

It eventually accesses but only after a minute or so. It used to average approximately 5-10 seconds. I uninstalled the download and re-booted then downloaded the software again from the CDBurnXP website. Same problem. Before that, I performed a restore on my PC. Same problem. Nothing seems to work. Anyone have a suggestion? I deleted all the music files from Audio Disc and got the same results so I restored them from the Recycle Bin. Again, same problem. Help?

Ron

So what did you change? Do you have any discs in the drives you could take out?

Thanks for the reply.

No I haven't made any changes that I can think of. That's what I don't understand. I called a PC repair shop here and he suggested uninstalling CDBurnerXP and downloading it again - which I did. No change. All at once this started happening. I tried a restore back to last Saturday but that didn't do anything - maybe there's no connection anyway. Should I go back further?

No, I haven't had any discs in the drive to remove either. It's weird how the other options all work fine as far as accessing them.

Thanks for the inquiry.

So what did you change? Do you have any discs in the drives you could take out?

Flo -

Here's an update. After replying back to you that there was no disc I checked the drive and alas, I was wrong - there was a disc in the drive. I've assessed the "Audio Disc" option multiple times to check it out and each time it has worked flawlessly. Thanks for the help, Flo. Hopefully this will fix the issue.

Ron

It may be, that discs in drives are - because of damages or whatever - slow to read, thus when starting an application of CDBurnerXP, there might be slowdowns when accessing the drives.

Good to know that your problem is solved for now.