Sign in to follow this  
DeltaForce

Error when trying to burn DVD+DL - 0x052102

Hi everyone!

OK, now I've googled for at least 20 minutes and didn't found anthing.

My problem is...

I want to copy a movie DVD. The source is an MDS/MDF-File in my image drive with a size of 7,04 GB. And yes, I do use a DVD+DL disk to burn on. When I start the burning process, the drive makes some noises for about 20 seconds and then opens up the following message:

error.jpg

My question: What does this 0x052102 error mean? And what can I do now?

And another question: Can I use this disc any more? Or have I to use another expensive DVD+DL disc when trying the second time, hopefully with your help?

Here are some information that might help you:

CDBurnerXP version: 4.3.2.2140

Used burn settings:

settings.jpg

So... can you help me? I'd be gratefull for every little - or big - piece of help you can give me!

Greetings,

DeltaForce

P.S.: Sorry for the german text in the first message, I had the language put on german at the beginning. Do you need a translation of the text?

I don't see how you burn from an MDS image here. To me it seems like you burn a data disc instead of an image file. Why not use the image burning feature instead?

Oh, didn't know that there is such a feature...

But shouldn't it work with my method, too? I have mounted the image and then choose the VIDEO_TS folder of the mounted image to be burned on the disc.

Well, I'll try the image burning feature, but at first a question. I do not want to destroy another Disc only because of wrong settings...

Which options should I check except of the "Finalize disc" option? And which burn method should I take? Automatically or Disc-a-Once or something?

I would be very grateful for an answer.

DeltaForce

EDIT: OK, now I've tryed out the image burning feature and the next error occured: When I want tu burn the image CDBurnerXP always comes up with a message, saying that only the SAO mode can be used to burn a MDS image.

So I choose Session-at-Once as burn mode and the next error occured:

Unsupported write mode: Device does not support the write mode

Well... it does! My drive supports all burning modes, SAO, TAO and DAO (all modes). I don't understand this... The same error occurs when I try exact the same on an other computer. And the drive of the second computer supports all burn modes, too.

I hope you can help me...

Hm...mounting the image and then burning the VIDEO_TS folder seems a bit cumbersome (though not impossible).

Does burning the ISO image using the Session-at-Once mode work?

I haven't found the opportunity to rip the DVD into an ISO file and burn the ISO to disc yesterday, but the ripping process is already running now :)

I think it'll be finished in an hour at the latest...

Obviously I have greatly underestimated AnyDVD... it has already finished.

I started the burn process, now with the ISO file, and it works! ETA is in half an hour, then I'll try out the DVD and if it works the problem will be solved!

OK, now - after my computer destroyed another DVD+R DL, because it decided to crash while my drive was burning the disc - it works! Thank you for your help!

So, this topic can be closed, everything works fine now :)

Greetz,

DeltaForce