Sign in to follow this  
AlexB

Issues displaying online help in browser

Hi!

Just started Russian translation, and immediately I've met 2 issues:

(a) the http://www.cdburnerxp.se/help/russian/ page has the following lines in the source code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>

Those entries are general and appear on all help pages in any language. That causes mozilla firefox (and all browsers of the mozilla family) to display the document (cyrillic characters) incorrectly. As the encoding is set directly in the xml, the browser doesn't allow reload in different coding. Btw, no problem with IE6.

As for the Russian language, the encoding should be set to win-1251 (or UTF8 - the more general case).

(B) Cyrillic words are a bit larger if compared to the original English version, so I do not like the appearance of the menu (located at that page) - it occupies too much space, and hides some text of the FAQ. What is the character limit for menu items for a nice view? I'll try to fix that (by shortening the text etc.)

Hm, that is the first time now I see your post by accident :o

Well, as I can see, it is all fine now. Of course I intended to let it work in Mozilla too, since I am a big Firefox fan and IE hater :D

There is no limit for menu words, but always try to keep them as short as possible.

BTW, if there are still some pages with wrong encoding left, open them in helpfile-editor with the correct encoding and then save it.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.