Sign in to follow this  
Guest Obelix

"No compatibel drive" in Copy, but recognized in Data disc

Guest Obelix

Hi

before I get stoned not having used the search function - be sure, I did use it.

Trying to copy a disc (in this case a audio disc - but that's not the thing) I can select the source, but as target I can only select the hard disk. No chance to select the burner.

Opening "Data disc" instead of "Copy or grab disc" the software shows my device and I did already burn some data discs.

What I am wondering is, that it can recognize the device - but not everywhere. So I think installing any additional driver (even if I don't know which one I should use) cannot be the solution, because the device is not generally not recognized...

Operating System: Windows 7 x64

Device: Samsung TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223F

CDBurnerXP: 4.3.2.2140 portable (also used the x64 installer version - same problem)

thanks in advance for the help!

Obelix

Guest Obelix

due to I have learned to read, I already tried out the hints from the troubleshooting site before.

Nothing helped. So I tried a little around.

And here comes the solution, that should be added to the knowledgebase:

In Windows 7 (and might be so in earlier versions) you can choose your drive letter. Floppy disks are rare these days. So I decided to name by burner B: like burner. But CDBurnerXP does not recognize drives with name less than (I think) C:

So renaming it to K: made my day...

hope this helps other people...

regards,

Obelix