Create ISO produces unreadable format [closed]

When I mount an ISO I create, it is unreadable. I tried with both VCD (MS) and FileDisk (open source, http://www.acc.umu.se/~bosse/). I didn't try writing it to an actual disk since I didn't want to waste any.

FYI, I originally tried to create a bootable XP SP2 slipstream (~580 MB, ~7000 files). After that failed, I tried not making it bootable to check whether that was the problem (it wasn't). I also tried not changing the ;1 and 8:3 options (still bad).

Has anyone tried burning an ISO? If so, did it have that many files?

Thanks!

Sorry, but I thought I had tried both options. I tested again, this time turning off the "Disable ISO File Delimiters (;1)" checkbox - and the generated ISO image was readable. Apparently, there is some problem in generating the ISO format when that box is checked.

p.s. Flo - By "mount" I mean that I loaded the ISO image file into the virtual CD utility. I did that because I wanted to verify that the disc would be correct if I burned it. This has nothing to do with whether the disc is bootable.

Sorry, but I thought I had tried both options. I tested again, this time turning off the "Disable ISO File Delimiters (;1)" checkbox - and the generated ISO image was readable. Apparently, there is some problem in generating the ISO format when that box is checked.

I will keep that in mind :)

p.s. Flo - By "mount" I mean that I loaded the ISO image file into the virtual CD utility. I did that because I wanted to verify that the disc would be correct if I burned it. This has nothing to do with whether the disc is bootable.

Ok, understood ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.