Sign in to follow this  

Create ISO produces unreadable format [closed]

When I mount an ISO I create, it is unreadable. I tried with both VCD (MS) and FileDisk (open source, http://www.acc.umu.se/~bosse/). I didn't try writing it to an actual disk since I didn't want to waste any.

FYI, I originally tried to create a bootable XP SP2 slipstream (~580 MB, ~7000 files). After that failed, I tried not making it bootable to check whether that was the problem (it wasn't). I also tried not changing the ;1 and 8:3 options (still bad).

Has anyone tried burning an ISO? If so, did it have that many files?

Thanks!

Sorry, but I thought I had tried both options. I tested again, this time turning off the "Disable ISO File Delimiters (;1)" checkbox - and the generated ISO image was readable. Apparently, there is some problem in generating the ISO format when that box is checked.

p.s. Flo - By "mount" I mean that I loaded the ISO image file into the virtual CD utility. I did that because I wanted to verify that the disc would be correct if I burned it. This has nothing to do with whether the disc is bootable.

Sorry, but I thought I had tried both options. I tested again, this time turning off the "Disable ISO File Delimiters (;1)" checkbox - and the generated ISO image was readable. Apparently, there is some problem in generating the ISO format when that box is checked.

I will keep that in mind :)

p.s. Flo - By "mount" I mean that I loaded the ISO image file into the virtual CD utility. I did that because I wanted to verify that the disc would be correct if I burned it. This has nothing to do with whether the disc is bootable.

Ok, understood ;)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.