Guest macman
0 success, anything else is failure.

Perfect. I get an error and must ask you what it is? Ok, I try to start a burn process from my program. If I use the call in a shell it works fine, if I start it in my program I get the error 2147220840. Can you tell me what it is?

I don't know any other error codes, since I only made sure that you can check for the existence of an error.

Probably, an exception occurs, which should be readable in the command line output.

Perfect. I get an error and must ask you what it is? Ok, I try to start a burn process from my program. If I use the call in a shell it works fine, if I start it in my program I get the error 2147220840. Can you tell me what it is?

According to google that's:- SIGNATURE_ERROR_UNABLE_TO_GET_DATA_TO_SIGN_OR_VERIFY

http://www.spreadsheetvalidation.com/zi ... %203.6.pdf

Last page, 4th down. Hope it helps.

Guest macman
Probably, an exception occurs, which should be readable in the command line output.

Yes an exception occurs, but with no usefull information.

An error occured while executing the command: Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80040280

But, let me explain it step by step. The first problem was the escaping of quotation marks in my command line arguments. In my program I have the arguments in a list of strings and the process call looks like this:

cdbxpcmd.exe --burn-data -device:0 -dao -close -iso:\"F:/image.iso\" -file:\"F:/Folder/image.gho\" -name:\"Backup\"

That did not work. After I remove all '\"' it works as expected, for an image. If I want to burn a real DVD, I get the above exception (Error code -2147220864):

cdbxpcmd.exe --burn-data -device:0 -dao -close -file:F:/Folder/image.gho -name:Backup

Starting to write disc...1 Files, Size: -723208,00 KB

An error occured while executing the command: Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80040280

After some more tests I get the solution, the '-dao' was too much.

Now it works, thanks for the attention.

• 1 month later...
Guest jtakacs

I am running version I4.3.5.2256 and seem to be having an issue similar to above. I am running the following command in a .cmd file and get a HRESULT: 0x80040280,

cdbxpcmd.exe --burn-data -sao -device:0 -folder[\SEPM_updates]:..\SEPM_updates

When I run the above command without the -sao, it works but I can't append any data onto this dvd. Any help would be appreciated.

Guest jtakacs

I stated that the command will not work when using -sao, which is what I need to use multi-session burning.

Guest jtakacs

cdbxpcmd.exe --burn-data -sao -device:0 -folder[\SEPM_updates]:..\SEPM_updates

Starting to write disc...8 Files, Size: 340.21 MB

An error occured while executing the command: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040280

Guest jtakacs

Hi Flo,

I am not actually getting the error in the GUI version of the software. The GUI allows me to do multisession DVDs, but I need to be able to do multisession DVD burning from the command line, so that I can script it. Will this logging feature still work for just the command line?

Thanks!

Guest jtakacs

Hi Flo,

I appears that logging does not work via command line as after using the GUI to turn on logging the log was never created, even after running from command line.

Guest jtakacs

The logging does work after using the GUI, but it does not log anything from my command calls to the application.