Sign in to follow this  
Guest bluebird

[C] File/Directory date/time wrong in cdbxpcmd

Guest bluebird

Hallo,

when you burn a disc with the commandline-tool cdbxpcmd the resulting date/time of directory and files are wrong. The explorer shows no date/time for directories, the time for files differs at 1 or 2 hours. Some other tools show an incorrect date/time for directories, e.g. 01.01.1601.

Guest bluebird

Hallo flo,

Dmitry´s solution...

1) Use the FileDateTimeFormat property to set the Date/Time format - "Local" or "UTC";

2) Use the FileDateTimeMode property to set Date/Time mode - "Current" or "Original";

is an advice to the developer of the cdbxpcmd-tool, isn`t it?

The properties "FileDateTimeFormat " and "FileDateTimeMode " seem to be part of the Starburnxx.dll - or is there an other way to set the time properties??

best regards

bluebird

Guest bluebird

Hi,

in the new version of the commandline tool cdbxpcmd (4.3.8.2631) date and time of burned files are correct - that´s fine. Thank you for fixing!

But there`still a problem regarding date/time of directories: The explorer shows no date/time for directories, some other tools show an incorrect date/time for directories, e.g. 01.01.1601.

When you look at the underlying isofile, you see that the values for date and time in the File Entry structure of any directory seem to be not valid...

with best regards

bluebird

Guest Johnny

I'm also stuck at this problem. I made a fine backup powershell script which burns via cdbxpcmd, but I can't use the programm + script if directory dates are invalid.

Guest bluebird

Hi,

the tool works really fine, but you cannot use it in applications that depend on correct directory dates - look at Johnny´s problem. I´d be glad too, if this problem could be solved. I think it's only a small correction in the isofile structure ;-).

And I give you another hint: If you burn a UDF disc, all timestamps should be recorded in "local time" (vgl. OSTA 2.1.4) - but cdbxpcmd uses the "utc-time". Most applications that read the resulting disc don`t care about this; but f.e. the Philips CheckTool "udf_test.exe" detects the problem and marks it as an error.

with best regards

bluebird