TSSTCorp drive - Fixed with Intel SATA drivers

Hi all,

seems I've had similar problems with a TSSTCorp drive like many others here.

It's a TSSTCorp CDDVDW TS-L633C in a new Acer Extensa Notebook with W7/32 and ubuntu.

First I didn't install any additional drivers in W7 as all seemed to run well and I only burned a few discs in ubuntu. Searching a good alternative to my old Nero 6.6 in WinXP I came across CDBurnerXP, but it didn't find the TSST drive in DataCD mode (and only that mode!?).

After finding some hints here on SATA drive incompatabilities and the Intel Matrix Storage Manager (now Rapid Store Manager) I looked up the Acer support site and installed the Intel chipset and Intel SATA driver packages (which also seem to contain the older Matrix Storage Manager).

Now CDBurnerXP works very fine and maybe this helps some others to understand that they might need install some SATA drivers which don't come with Win7.

Big THX for this great program. Its basic functions are exactly what I was looking for.

greetz!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest RobinC

Hi ,Can you tell me the TSSTCorp CD DVD W TS-L633C driver For win7 the software noly can open audio disc and ISO , But It can not konw data disc . so.... If you have free time can you give me the new driver. let my cdburnerxp work well for win7 many thanks