Sign in to follow this  
Alterno

[C] Dual data layer disc error

Ok I got 52 videos (avi/mp4), that I'd like to save in my dvd for playing in my divx dvd player, the issue is that Cdburner xp pro changes the order of the files after you have 30 files in it... let's suppose these videos are named from 1 to 52, before you reach 31 the order would look like:

01 Video

02 Video

03 Video

04 Etc...

The problem appears after you add file 31, video order is broken and looks like:

01 video

03 video

02 video

04 etc..

And just like that it plays.

Heh, really? Will try. I've got enough of these episodes as well ;)

(Though you should have cut the right part of your screenshot.)

Haha, honestly sometimes I do forget about having a widescreen, sadly the only site where I can read naruto and bleach these days.. as you other manga fans might know, manga publisher don't want us to read it online, adding to the fact that we are like 6 volumes away from current events.

The issue with cdburnerxp is quite interesting, if I use a 4.7gb disc, is not problem at all, as I said is only happening with dual layer... I thought it was an issue with the filenames and the firmware of the dvd player, but nope. BTW, does cdburner supports blu ray ? because I'm buying some blu way devices this week.

Oh, I just noticed that it's not actually a bug.

168 is below 54, because 168 starts with "1" and "54" starts with 5.

Windows XP and later added the feature to consider numeric file name parts though. I'll add this feature to the next version.

Oh, I just noticed that it's not actually a bug.

168 is below 54, because 168 starts with "1" and "54" starts with 5.

Windows XP and later added the feature to consider numeric file name parts though. I'll add this feature to the next version.

Great to know.

But something is really bothering me and I don't know if is related with software, maybe you could give more light to it. after I burning the dvd, it starts in file 100 then after it reaches file 112, then starts file 54, so it plays it like:

100 to 112 then 54 to 99, could that be an issue of cdburner xp... I think I might try to use windows 7 built burner and see what happens or this don't have anything related with the numeric feature?

How are you sorting the files? If you use a DVD player, I guess it does not support numeric sorting ;)

Actually it works fine with the non dual layer discs. I sort them as they show up.. in the case of 4.7gb dvd would be like

Serie's name 01

.... 02

.... 03

etc...

The only bad experience is only with dual layer discs and I've only tested it in CDburnerXP.

I guess the only problem is that on 4.7GB there don't fit any more than 99 episodes, right? So you won't see the issue with "1xx".

Well then i'll wait for the next version of Cdburner and see if it changes the playback order to the order it should follow.. thank you very much for keeping this project alive, is a great software.