George P

[C] Audio CD-R playback problem at end of last track

I have noticed that my CD-Rs created by CDBurner XP don't play correctly in my SONY walkman. This issue occurs on the current version and the previous version as well.

I'll explain, the entire CD plays fine, until the very last second of the CD. The music ends, but the CD keeps spinning (no sound) and the display reads the last track number, let's say 15, and 00:00. The display remains stuck there. After a minute or so, the CD moves forward a track, (to 16 in this example) and keeps spinning, no sound.

Any idea how to fix this issue? My home CD player does not do this with the CD-R made by CDBurnerXP, it plays the CD-Rs normally.

The main problem is my batteries are running down quick, for when I think the CD is over and the player should therefore be off, it's still on, sucking all my battery power away.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Guest carp

A similar problem occurs with the cd player in my car:

Near the end of the last track on an audio cd (burnt with CDBurnerXP 4.3.7.2356) the cd player jumps back to the start of the last track and plays it again (and again...). Tested with two different compilations, one using a cue file on an MP3 track, the other one using single MP3 and WAV files.

Guest Burch

I was on an older version until... now... and haven't retried yet, but yes, same thing for me. When played in my car, the disc gets to the end of the last track, the player sounds like it's seeking for a few seconds, then kicks the disc out and gives me a "check disc" message. The bad news is that is wrong and very annoying, the good news is that all of the audio is played before the error process occurs. (I'm listening to an audio book)

I'll save a log next time I burn such a disc and check for the same error. If it still does this, I'll post the log file.

I have a similar, and possibly related problem, in that my audio CD's burned using the program, when played in the car, replay the last track over and over, instead of going back to track one. Could this be fixed at all please, it is stopping me from using the program at the moment.

I have just tried to use the beta version 4.5, but it hangs when trying to add tracks and then crashes. So I am using the latest proper release and I still have the same problem, on my car CD player it gets to the last track on the CD and then keeps playing the last track, over and over. Been trying for ages but I can't work out how to attached the log file, so I have e-mailed it. Thanks.

When making an audio CD, from MP3 files, what randomly happens as I try to copy (either a block of files across, or even just one), the box pops up telling me that it's adding the file(s) but the box stays there and it will sometimes say not responding after a while, or it might keep trying, or it might just hang. And I have to bring up task manager and end it. Doesn't happen with all files. But the files it does happen with, work perfectly in the previous, stable release, I know that for certain as I have just made the CD, a log file for which I have e-mailed for the last track problem.

Yes, I can send you a file which makes it fail every single time, yet works perfectly with the previous proper release. I will e-mail it to you right now.

I downloaded the latest 32bit version (there was no beta to download), and like you said, the files could be added into the burn list no problem. Also, the last track problem is now fixed. Life is perfect again, thank you very much!

Hi again. I made a CD last night, and unfortunately the last track problem has happened again. It's strange as it seemed to be fixed. But the last track kept on replaying, as it did previously. I will e-mail the log file over to Flo. Thank you.

I made an audio CD using the latest version of the software 4.5.2.4407 and the problem is still the same. I realy hope that this can be fixed. The last track just keeps on replaying as before.