Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dave M

Audio DVD

Guest Dave M

There are other programs out there that make Music DVDs, but they're not freeware. It would be great if CDBurnerXP would allow us to easily add songs (or playlists) to a DVD which would be readable in any home theater DVD player. It would be cool to add a few pictures as a slide show too. Or maybe display the track info on the screen as the song plays.

There are other programs out there that make Music DVDs, but they're not freeware.

There are no special music-dvds. If you want to have music on a DVD, simply add your mp3- or wav-files as data to the disc.

It would be cool to add a few pictures as a slide show too.

Same as audio, just add your pictures and that's it.

Or maybe display the track info on the screen as the song plays.

Those features should be implemented in your DVD player and not in CDBXPP ;)

I think Dave M means the DVD-Audio spec.

Commercial programs that do this are DiscWelder, DVD Audio creator etc.

It looks like the main problem is converting the input audio to AOB files; if they are then put in the AUDIO_TS folder it'll probably work...

There are no special music-dvds. If you want to have music on a DVD, simply add your mp3- or wav-files as data to the disc.

I can't play mp3's burned to a DVD on my parents DVD-Recorder (JVC). My Medion has no problems with it at all. But I don't want to move my DVD-player to the livingroom any time some friends are coming over for an evening of beer and music. So I think this would be a great feature. :)

Not all dvd-players do play a data dvd with mp3's (i know mine doesnt)

eventhough they play normal data cd's with mp3's.

I think i read somewhere it has something to do with the amount of files/data that are on a dvd. some dvd players will loose track and report the dvd as no dvd/not readable.

so test it on a rewritable dvd before you burn. :-) (i found out the hard way).

greets,

AJ

Guest Alex

I think i read somewhere it has something to do with the amount of files/data that are on a dvd. some dvd players will loose track and report the dvd as no dvd/not readable.

I don't think that's the problem. I burned 2 albums on a DVD to test it, so about 15 to 20 files. The player couldn't read it. :(