Sign in to follow this  
Guest mawe

Cannot reduce speed in mode "Copy or grap disc"

Guest mawe

I'm not sure if the following problem is a bug, so I decided to post it as feature request.

In the mode "Copy or grap disc" I cannot change the writing speed to another value than 48x (8.468 KB/s).

My PC works with Windows 7 and has only one single drive!

I installed CDBurnerXP 4.3.7.2356 portable 64-bit on it.

I wanted to copy an audio CD, but by using a moderate writing speed.

So I inserted a real audio disc (not a CD-R !) and opened CDBurnerXP.

Then I selected the mode "Copy or grap disc".

In the following dialog box the same drive was automaticly selected as source and target device.

I wanted to burn with 12x or 16x but the combobox behind the target device contained only one single item: 48x (8.468 KB/s).

After reading the source disc the program told me to replace it by the target disc.

After doing that the program automaticly began the write to the target; again I had no chance to change the writing speed.

In other modes it is possible to write with reduced speed.

Maybe the behaviour would be different if you had two or more drives or the source media were a CD-R (not a real audio disc).

But in the described situation (that means: only one drive and a real audio disc as source media) the speed seems to be not adjustable.

I also didn't find a way to preselect a speed in general for a certain type of media (e.g. a CD-R).

Please make it possible to alter the writing speed also in this mode and under the described conditions.