Sign in to follow this  
Angelstar231

help uninstalling

Apparently I have messed up when trying to install the newest version of CDBurnerxp and I still had version 2 installed and now I can't uninstall because an .msi file is missing. Can someone help me figure out what to do? It's just sitting in my add/remove programs but i can't do anything with it When I try to uninstall it, it just says that the installation source isn't valid.... I'm very computer illiterate so any help would be greatly appreciated!

whitney

angelstar231@aol.com

Guest briantw

I don't have much time here, but I may be able to point you in the right direction. I had the same problem.

Start -> Run -> Cmd

cd\

dir cd*.msi /a /s /b

Performing the above will help you to find the missing .msi file. I found it, but it disappeared shortly thereafter. I only had this problem after installing service pack 2 of Windows XP>

I've still had no luck writing, but I'm currently downloading the latest version of CDBurnerXP Pro

I finally figured out how to do it. I went back and FOUND the older version and since it seems to work good enough for me, after all that trouble, I'm just going to wait a while till I dl the new version. One question, how do I look and see EXACTLY which program version I'm using?