Sign in to follow this  
Guest Typhoon

Uninstall: StarBurn error.. whippee dippy doo!!

Guest Typhoon

The image speaks for itself, it's ironic, StarBurn played a major part in my decision to ditch CDBurnerXP:

cdburnerxpstarburn.png

Installer ended though.. but I guess it left behind something.

Good riddance StarBurn, may you burn in ****. ;)

Again, StarBurn is not a component that needs to "burn in hell", really. StarBurn is great, the only stuff that annoys me is the fact that I cannot use all of their features because their wrapper for .NET is incomplete.

If you use "registry cleaners", you shouldn't be surprised about such errors. I won't even be able to reproduce this error, your registry could be in any weird state because of the "cleaner".

Guest Typhoon

I meant that the installer was cleaning the registry at the time when those errors appeared. Though, actually I tried to say that regsvc (from your uninstaller) was running when those errors started to pop up.. I'm sorry, I always seem to mix those up.. I very well know the difference between those two but it has become like a bad habit that I can't shake out.

Guest Typhoon

Whooooops, a typo, I of course meant regsvr, and more specifically regsvr32.exe.

Either StarBurn failed or maybe your installer has failed at some point to upgrade the file when installing newer versions. Either way, a failure.. again.. the way I remember CDBurnerXP/StarBurn in the future.