Sign in to follow this  
abx

[X] Convert NRG to ISO Problem

Hi,

I just installed CDBurnerXP 4.0.022.370 and try to burn NRG file which I couldn't. (NRG Created by Nero 6.6.1.5, it's Audio CD.) So, I use Internal program of CDBurnerXP to convert NRG to ISO file. After converted, I got error when tried to open that ISO file to burn. The error said "File xxxx.iso is not a valid ISO image." I also tried with different program to open that ISO file and all got the error as below :

UltraISO 8.6.3.2056 -> Invalid or unknown file format!

ImgBurn 2.3.2.0 -> Invalid or unsupported image file format!

Nero 6.6.1.5 -> The entered block size does not correspond to the image length. The block size may be wrong. Do you want to correct the value or ignore the problem.

For file size, I found it's 1 MB less than original NRG file.

Are you sure it is only CD-Audio, and not CD-Text? I think there are problems when you make a CD-Text compilation using Nero. As far as I understand, the CD-Text format cannont be imaged using a normal .iso image, so trying to convert it using most programs results in an error, or you get an .iso image that does not properly shows the tracks.

If I try to make an image of a successfully burned CD-Text disk (burnt using Nero), using IsoBuster, it creates 3 files: an .iso file, a .cue file, and a .cdt file which contains the CD-Text information. Reading just the iso file using IsoBuster, does not show up the tracks, so you need all 3 files. CDBurnerXP cannot read .cue files, so it cannot read CD-Text, as far as I can see.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.