Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cunhell

No valid iso image created from DVD

Guest Cunhell

Hello,

I am using cdburnerxp for some time now. I had no problem to create iso images from DVD's till today. I am using the "Windows7 USB / DVD Download Tool" from Microsoft to create an usb installation media from iso images of Vista/Win2008/7.

But now,the iso images which I created with cdburnerxp version 4.3.7.2423, are reported as not valid. To make sure that the DVD's are allright I have used an other tool to create the images. Those images were ok. So the DVD itself should be ok.

Any idea what can be wrong?

Best Regards

Cunhell

Do older versions actually work?

I am using cdburnerxp for quite a while now. I am updating cdburnerxp on a regular basis but I am creating images only once in a while. So I can not determine which version worked and which version brought up the problem.

I think it I was able to create valid images 1 - 1 1/2 month ago. It was the last time I had to install one of our servers and I created a working USB stick with that image. And I am pretty sure that I had the very recent version of cdburnerxp installed at that time.

I am sorry that I cannot give more detail on that. Maybe someone else can give a more accurate information which version raised up this problem.

Best Regards

Cunhell

The ISO creation functionality did not actually change for a long time, so it seems strange. Maybe the validation tool did? What did you use to validate the ISO images?

The ISO creation functionality did not actually change for a long time, so it seems strange. Maybe the validation tool did? What did you use to validate the ISO images?

As I metioned before, I tried to use the "Windows7 USB / DVD Download Tool" to create the bootable stick.

I tried to create another iso-image of a Win7-DVD. I found out that the images created by cdburnerxp only content one subfolder called "BOOT" and a file called README.TXT. Nothing else

The image that that works with the "Windows7 USB / DVD Download Tool" contains all the folders I would expect on a install dvd of Vista/Win7 like "boot", "efi", "sources" and so on. I used 7-zip to look into the iso-files.

Any idea what's going wrong? The output file is created with type "iso"

Best Regards

Cunhell

I looked at the tool, but it seems like you need to purchase Win7 at the MS store in order to make use of it, so I cannot check what it does. It seems kinda weird to me though: Isn't the tool meant for creating ISO images? Why does CDBurnerXP actually need to create them?

Guest Cunhell

You can use a normal (hopefully legal purchased) windows install DVD and extract an iso-image of it. Than you can create an bootable install usb stick for installation. That's pretty helpful for installing windows on machines without an optical drive. An other feature is, that in my opinion the installation is faster than the DVD.

But I don't think that this problem is limited to iso images of windows install dvd's. I haven't tested it for other dvd's but it might occur by any dvd you want to copy. CDBurnerXP has this feature so it should work with any non copy protected dvd.

The other tool worked perfect on that dvd medium. And I know that cdburnerxp worked perfekt as well. I haven't used any other imaging software before I ran into that problem.

Cunhell

I do have an ISO image already, I'm not sure how CDBurnerXP comes into play. Do you copy a DVD to ISO image using CDBurnerXP or what steps do you perform with CDBurnerXP exactly?