Sign in to follow this  
mov DVD- #data

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50 @ Win7x64

Guest mjoelner

Hi there,

have the same drive and had the same problem. None of the standard procedures (like nero burn rights, AHCI driver installation/update, etc.) worked.

So I had a little consultation with my mainboard's manual (Asrock 890GX Extreme 3; as the name suggests an AMD AM3 based 890GX chipset).

It has 6 SATA ports from the southbridge connected. Normally in BIOS you should use AHCI or RAID with modern OS like Windows 7. This settings is called "SATA Operation mode". I had "AHCI" option activated which is good for HDD or SSD drives. But this leads to problems with some optical drives. Fortunately, two of the ports can be configured in IDE mode by the BIOS. The setting is called (at least in my case) "SATA IDE combined mode" and needs to be set to "Enabled". Then simply had to connect the optical drive to port 5 or 6 (for which this option applies), booted into Windows, detected new hardware and from then on I had CDBurnerXP recognize my drive again. Works like a charm now :-D:-D

And this with full AHCI support for my hard drives.

Hope this helps someone.

Greetings,

mjoelner