Sign in to follow this  
Guest BerndH

TSST SH-223 not recognized for data, but audio OK

Guest BerndH

HI,

When I choose the data cd, my TSST SH-223B is not recognized as writer. When I select an audio layout the drive is recognized and I can burn cds.

Does someone knows what to do?

Thanks

Bernd

Guest Bjoern

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem and nearly the same device. My DVD-Burner is Samsung TSSTcorp SH-S223Q.

Under Windows XP everything was fine. I was able to use CDBurnerXP without problems. Now under Windows 7 I can only burn Audio CDs. With the buring feature from Windows itself, I can burn ISO files or delete rewritable medias. With CPBurnerXP this doesn't work. Only buring Audio-CDs work.

I hope this will be fixed soon.

With kind Regards,

Bjoern

Guest Bjoern

I fogot to mention the following in my post:

After I noticed the problem I have read that updating the storage driver may help. So I was on the Intel website and updated all my drivers. But that doesn't helped me. The problem still exists. My Computer is a Dell Optiplex 755 with the latest BIOS (A17 ?) on. I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit with the latest updates installed.

Guest Bjoern

Hello again,

I don't know why, but after uninstalling and reinstalling the Intel Matrix Storage driver 8.9.0.1023 a few times it works now. Means: CDBurnerXP now recognizes my Burner for DATA discs and not only for Audio-CDs.

So for me the problem is solved. :-)

Bjoern

Intel Serial ATA Controller: IntelĀ® ICH9 SATA AHCI Controller

Number of Serial ATA ports: 5

Driver Version: 8.9.0.1023

Serial ATA Plug-In Version: 8.9.0.1023

Language Resource Version of the Serial ATA Plug-In: 8.9.0.1023

ISDI Library Version: 8.9.0.1023

CD/DVD Drive 1

Device Port: 3

Device Port Location: Internal

Current Serial ATA Transfer Mode: Generation 1

Model: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223Q

Serial Number: Data not reported

Firmware: SB02

Guest mickoz84

I also habe the TSST SH-223L Drive.

My Problem is, that the recorder is not recognized by CDBurnerXP in AHCI mode. In IDE mode he is recognized correctly.

Windows burning capabilties and NERO light could recognize the drive also in AHCI mode.

I also tried to update to the latest AMD SATA drivers but still no possibility to use the drive with CDBurnerXP.

I hope someone have further suggestion for me.

Greets

Guest mickoz84

I forget to mention that i have to remain in AHCI mode because my SDD-drive only works probably in this mode, and they are connected to the same controler.

Guest baloopi

same problem as above, but resolved with the upgrade of the driver of the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller : with the IntelĀ® ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller (taken on the Asus site for the P5Q motherboard), the recorder is now recognize in AHCI mode