Sign in to follow this  
Guest F98

[C] 2 Bugs in context with "Verify data after burning"

Guest F98

Hi Folks,

when I choose "Verify data after burning" inside the burning dialog some strange things happen:

1. After the burning is complete the green bar in the bottom of the main-window turns red and the shown datasize is twice as big as before the burning process starts.

2. If you check "Shutdown computer after completion", the computer will not really shut down. It stops after the verify-process with a dialog "Burning at speed ... and verifying ..." and waits.

Regards,

F98.

SO, I just installed CDBurnerXP latest 4.2.4.1351 on a fresh Win XP SP3. And I tried to continue my previous multisession DVD-R. And I saw that Verify data after burning is ON and was glad because I did not have to check it myself.

But... after burning the disc got ejected and no verification happened :shock::(:?

Please, fix this. I am surprised - how are you able to create such a complicated software as DVD burner but are not able to fix some checkboxes? Problems with "Verify data after burning" is already almost a year old....

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6499

I can't reproduce "after burning the disc got ejected and no verification happened", but I agree that shutting down is not working properly. It's probably not useful to shut down (because you won't see the resuts if the hibernate mode is not possible), but that's your choice after all. Will fix that for the next version.

I can verify the behavior of verify checked but disc ejected after burning (no verify done).

Here are the steps I used:

1. Burn a disc via the "advanced" option and make sure verify is checked

1a. With the latest version (4.2.4.1351), this seemed to be the default on a new install (OS reinstall so not stale settings)

2. Burn the disc

3. Quit CDBurnerXP

4. Start CDBurnerXP

5. Burn a disc via the "finalize" option from the Burn button

6. As the burn is going, switch over to the Options tab

7. I see that "verify data" option is checked

8. When burn is done, the disc is ejected without a verify being done

If I always burn via the "advanced" option from the burn button I always get a verify if it's checked.

Ah, I see why I can't reproduce it. I actually already fixed it in the current development version, and it will be included in the next release (From changelog: "Fixed verification not being performed even though the checkbox is checked").

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.