Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ptah

"The Layout Contains More Data Than the Media Can Store

Guest Ptah

When selecting "Creat Audio CD" and dragging mp3 files from the hard drive I get the following message "The Layout Contains More Data Than the Media Can Store" after selecting the burn option. I know that the size of the mp3 files selected do not come close to 650MB CD capacity. I select "continue" anyway, do a test an actual or test burn and get a fatal error. Anyone know what settings I may have missed.

I have better luck selecting the data disk option and burning mp3 to the CD from there.

an audioCD is a special format that does not allow changes in bit rate and frequency .... one minute audio on an audioCD does always take the same amount of space

its only a question of duration not of space ... guess why its called 74min CDR

Guest PTAH

Thanks Mertsch, that makes complete sense! I have used the audio feature to back up CD's and it works great. No problem with mp3 disks created in the data mode.

Have you tried the new release?