Sign in to follow this  
Joe-D_J

[X] latest build wont reconize blank disk

I have been using CDburnerXP for years and it has been working flawlessly for the most part. Thanks! :)

However I had to reformat one of my sys for the first time in a few years.

CDburnerXP was woking fine before the reformat with a older vers

So, I reformatted and installed the latest build of CD burnerXP (as of 12/8/10).

net framework 2 & 3 with all SP are installed.

CDburner will now reconize my DVD burner but, it will not reconize a blank disk (CD or DVD).

I tried all configurations I could think of.

If it helps I can tell you that it burns fine with XP's default burning program.

Any sugestions?

Can you post a screenshot?

There is really nothing to post in a screen shot. Everthing looks completemly normal .

It just wont reconize when a disk is in the burner.

The "no disk" notification is in the lower left corner as expected.

If I try to burn a dics anyway, I get the expected "insert a disk" routine.

It's an IDE Plextor DVD burner

"Insert a disc" because it says "no disc present"? Or wrong type? Wrong size? Did you select the right burning device?

It simply says no disk present. The correct burning device is present and "CD buner XP" it lists all its data.

Like I said, the burner works perfectly otherwise.

It's not really a problem for me as I rarely use that particular sys for burning and the Win XP burning program works for it.

I just thought you would like to know and wondered if any others had the same problem. :)

UPDATE:

I uninstalled CDbunerXP and installed another burning software that also has a diagnostic aspect to it.

It gives me a "tracking sevor error" for the drive.

I then tried the Win XP burning software again and It no longer worked giving me an error also .

So, it would appear that the burner is probably tost. It seems will now read but not write.

So, a new burner is to be ordered. The sys in question is made up of spare old canibalized parts so, it's no big deal. :)

I got this plextor years ago and it was the last one I bought as I think they are way overpriced and over rated.

BTW Flo, after trying a diferent burning software, I realize just how much I really like CD burnerXP. It's a great program! :yes: