Sign in to follow this  

Try to burn mp3 and get cda

I have ripped the cd to mp3's, when I try to burn the mp3's to a cdr all I get are 44k cda files that, of course, will not play. This is driving me crazy, does anyone know why it is doing this, and how to fix it? It's not just CDBurner XP, other burning software does the same thing, namely Roxio, and Acoustica MP3 burner.

Any help on this would be great!

Are you trying to burn them as an audio CD or data? An audio CD will show the CDA files like your describing. To make them show up as Mp3's you will have to burn them as data. But definitely try the CD in a CD Player, it should work fine as .cda files.

Hope this helps

Rog

I have also burned them as data, the data cd is not recognised in my drive. I'll try a reboot then see if it shows up as a data cd with mp3's on it. I'm trying to make a cd that can be played in a cd drive in a pc.