Sign in to follow this  
patbriddon

Multiple ISO files to Single DVD

As a subscriber to Animoto but somewhat of teckie dumbo, over many hours I have been attempting to burn 3 or 4 ISO files onto a single DVD but so far without success. As recommended by Animoto I have been using CD BurnerXP which seems to work just fine for individual videos but my attempts to add further files despite there being plenty of available space just seem to result in automatically deleting previous burnt material. Can anyone tell me the correct procedure and the settings I should select to successfully burn consecutive ISO files. This question is actually a popular topic on the Animoto Helpdesk but answers are either inconclusive or suggest the use of third party software or even buying a Mac computer. Does CD BurnerXP in fact allow this function. I'm sure it must do but I'm just too dim to figure out how ! ! Also it would be useful to know precisely what type of blank DVD I should be using bearing in mind I would like it to play on a standard DVD player. Animoto Helpdesk suggests DVD-R. Would still be correct. Many thanks if anyone could guide me on this and apologies if this is elementary stuff.

Guest seandepue

hi patbriddon -

i am having the same problem as you...can't figure out how to burn multiple iso files to one disc...such as several short films that i would like to have on one disc for organization's sake.

Looks like no one wants to answer this here though.

Will keep looking.

Good luck

Guest LechSzPL

Multiple ISO files may be burned on one media (DVD, CD) only as DATA FILES. It is useful for archiving purposes only, and any ISO image stored this way is not directly usable.

ISO file must be burned using "Burn a disk from ISO image" function of any burning software to function properly. It is not a problem of CDBurnerXP or any specific burner, but a property of ISO file.

Guest Dew Flicky

That's the same problem I'm having. Otherwise CDBurnerXp works great, but it's frustrating having to put several very short videos on separate discs. Even when I manage to select 3 videos, only one of them actually burns.