Sign in to follow this  
silekonn

[C] Disc Spanning

Hello,

The disc span feature needs several improvements.

When writing and verifying discs, a disc may have a verification error (e.g. Expected file count: 1402, Actual file count: 1386).

There is no option to retry the disc. There is not even an option to be notified which files were not written.

The functionality is incomplete. If several spanned discs were written and then "files are missing" there should be no reason the entire span has to be restarted (which would take several more media and many hours if gigabytes are being written).

The log shows that the second and all succeeding discs were burned at "Maximum" irrespective of the chosen speed. This could be a reason the discs have errors.

I request:

1. An option to retry failed discs, (or)

2. An option to select which disc of a span that should be burned.

3. A correction of the burning speed (or burning speed notification).

4. A _project_ timer.

5. Better notification for files that were not successfully burned (e.g. an option to export a file-inclusive burning log).

Part of these items should be standard.

Thank you,

Silekonn, after six discs, three file count notifications and four hours

Guest AnonC

I found another bug: When I span DVDs (I had "Don't split folders unnecessary" and "Add table of contents" on), the second DVD was not large enough. I had to use "overburn" to continue the backup. Can you please reserve a few extra MB, so that isn't necessary in the future. Thx.

Required:

Writable disc

4.38 GB free (written in green)

Present:

Writeable (DVD-R)

4.38 GB (written in red)

Include the ability to span discs according to title. To give you an example, say that you convert a TV series form DVD to a video file format. With the DVD spanning software that they have out now, it will divide the files by space, for instance it'll put episode 13 with 1,2 7. And they should be put on disc based on title, like Episode 1 Episode 2 and so on.

I found another bug: When I span DVDs (I had "Don't split folders unnecessary" and "Add table of contents" on), the second DVD was not large enough. I had to use "overburn" to continue the backup. Can you please reserve a few extra MB, so that isn't necessary in the future. Thx.

Yeah, that indeed seems to happen sometimes. I will reserve 1MB more for the next version and then we'll see how it works out.

Hello,

This post was quite some time ago. I now have a spanning project and am willing to try CDBurnerXP again. Can you tell me if there was any progress with the issues?

Thank you,

Silekonn