Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
floele

OpenCandy update: Latest versions cleared by MSE

5 posts in this topic

The OpenCandy team has written a pretty extensive article on what happened. I'd recommend you to read it, I couldn't add much information to it.

Further reading: What Information Does OpenCandy Collect?

tl;dr: Recent versions of OpenCandy are no longer detected as adware, their software recommendation component is now even less intrusive. There has not been a threat to your privacy or security.

My name is Adrian, and I'm one of the founders at OpenCandy. I've posted an response to a statement related to the information OpenCandy collects on another thread on this forum. You can see the post here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10407&p=35092#p35092

Feel free to post any questions you have and I'm more than willing to answer them.

Thanks for joining :)

It looks like most users have understood the situation by now though, considering that there are no new complaints in the most recent announcement.

Hi

Just to let you know, installed the latest version of CDBurnerXP a few minutes ago (ver 4.3.8.2523) and the latest Eset Nod 32 anti virus is still marking the OpenCandy component as malware.

Why not just eliminate the hidden adware. Make a button to click on if people want to look at it. Problem would be solved.