Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chuck Berry

Will portable version CDBurnerXP run in Windows 7 PE?

Guest Chuck Berry

I downloaded to a USB flash drive, both the 32-bit and 64-bit portable versions of CDBurnerXP today. Then I booted off of my "Windows 7 Ultimate" DVD into the recovery/repair menu. Off the menu, I selected "Command Prompt" and then tried to launch CDBurnerXP. Do the portable versions work in the Windows 7 PE or am I taking the term "portable" too far? If they do work in the PE, can somebody tell me what I should check to make these work? Thanks.

I never tried it, so I don't know. Since CDBurnerXP portable does not have any dependencies that Win7 does not have by default, I don't see a problem in theory.

Guest Chuck Berry
I never tried it, so I don't know. Since CDBurnerXP portable does not have any dependencies that Win7 does not have by default, I don't see a problem in theory.

My first post was unclear. CDBurnerXP portable does "not" work/lanuch properly from the Windows 7 PE. It is actually a shame considering what you have said here. Can you try it and figure out why? It would be great if this could be used in the PE.

I don't have any Win7 PE bootable currently. Can you describe the problem in more detail? Error messages? Or specific behaviours? Maybe it can be fixed easily. The first thing you might want to try though, it to launch any .NET based application. Not sure if .NET is available in such an environment.

My first post was unclear. CDBurnerXP portable does "not" work/lanuch properly from the Windows 7 PE. It is actually a shame considering what you have said here. Can you try it and figure out why? It would be great if this could be used in the PE.

And I thought it wrong...