Sign in to follow this  
Guest Permissions Issue

-- Quick Question --

Guest Permissions Issue

Hello,

Regards to this topic I made here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6894

This application was tested and deployed via a Novell/Windows network to a few machines and when it is deployed on the network it is fine however, there is a policy in place to hide access to the C: drive.

However, when this application is deployed you can access the full C drive when logged in as a normal user using this application, which is a big security threat. Is this normal?

Is it possible to have something like, hide C: if not an administrator? We can't roll out this software because of this and it is a great working peice bar this problem.

Could someone have a look into it for the next release please? Would be great!

Many Thanks,

Andrew

I wonder how you set that permission? Just "hiding" the drive from "My Comouter" won't work, because virtually any application with an integrated Explorer could still access the drive (not to mention the numerous other possibilities to do so). If you need security, this is the wrong way to go.