Sign in to follow this  
ssiadmin_ab

Installation Issue

Strange issue I'm hoping someone can give me a hand with...

I am running a Windows 7 64-bit system on a home domain. I download the installer (current version, I've tried both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions), but when I go to install it, I get the following error...

"the system cannot find the path specified"

I hit OK, and the program ends. Now, I know it isn't the installer as I can go to the next computer , which is identical in almost every way (same network, same version of windows, same MS patches applied), and it installs just fine, but it just won't install here. I've tried logging in as the user and running the app as an administrator, or even just logging in as the administrator directly - nogo.

The system is not giving off any signs of infection that would be preventing this installation, so I guess I'm just wondering if there is a path specified as required in the installation that I may have previously somehow gotten rid of? A small change when working on another issue maybe that is now rearing it's head here?

Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Maybe an antivirus application is interfering and deleting the installe or something? Does not sound like an error with the installer itself.

I would agree with that, but again, the machine right beside it is running the exact same antivirus software...

As confirmation though, I did disable the antivirus on the machine in question, but the results were still the same.

Do you know of any paths that are 'expected' right at the start of the installation that I may have affected previously?

Thanks.

No files should be expected actually. Don't know if the error message contains any further details, otherweise you might need to consult Google.

You could of course, also try the portable version for now.