Sign in to follow this  
Schnurrhaar

CDBurnerXP produces .mdf and .mds files. How to open?

Hi,

when I copy a selfmade DVD (with windows movie maker) on my PC with CDBurnerXP, I get .mdf and .mds files which I can´t open. The originally file was a .wmv. How can I open the files or convert them? I want to view and modify the files before burning them on a new DVD. Thank you for help!

Indeed, you cannot use CDBurnerXP to open these files. The disc copy feature is not suitable for this task, but you can use other applications to edit those files.

Indeed, you cannot use CDBurnerXP to open these files. The disc copy feature is not suitable for this task, but you can use other applications to edit those files.

Thank you for the information. Which applications would you recommend for editing the files?

Hi

I am having a similar problem. I am trying to burn an ISO file to disk, and the program keeps burning MDF images instead. Is there a way to stop this, so I can create a useable DVD rather than create  coasters? I dont care about how to open an MDF file, I just want a working ISO file copied!

Thanks

Fred

On 12/14/2012 at 2:28 PM, floele said:

CDBurnerXP can't read ISO files either. It's not an "image explorer", but a burning application.

That depends what you mean by "read." CDBurnerXP can create an ISO file from a disc and can burn a disc from that ISO file. So why is it able to create MDF/MDS files from a disc but unable to burn the files it created to a blank disc?